Monday, October 4, 2010

Early Morning Ramble

I've barely moved a muscle in the last 6 hours other than my well-trained index finger. I've been sniping blocks of coal, iron, gold, and diamond in that order with my .50cal diamond encrusted mining apparatus. Yeah, I've been playing minecraft, and I'm literally in pain from it, so I figured I'd take a break and write something stupid.

My goal for today was to first, post some music, and second, to catch up on the anime from the current season. I watched Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, Bakuman, Ore no Imouto, MM!, and Star Driver. I had varying degrees of interest in all of them, and was pleasantly surprised with the enjoyment I got out of their first episodes. I'm not quite sure which is my favorite of the bunch yet, but I'm leaning toward Bakuman. J.C. Staff is really hit or miss with me, but I think they're back in my thumbs-up book this season.



___________________________________________________________

MUSICAL INTERMISSION - BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE EVPATORIA REPORT
___________________________________________________________







Yeah, that just happened.

And then of course, I played minecraft, which doesn't count as a goal. Minecraft is something you do when you run out of goals. You can't wake up in the morning and say to yourself "I'm gonna butcher 100 pigs and light my house on fire today", and expect to feel like you've accomplished something at the end of the day. But, it's a great way to exercise your autism muscle and kill some (a lot of) time.

I also sat down in front of Guitar Pro, which is a shitty tabbing program, and tried to write something, but all that came out was shit so I closed it and dove back into the mines. I've been feeling completely uninspired lately about writing music, because there's so little I can do with GP alone. I'd like to attempt to write some relaxing post-rock-ish songs, but since I answered "$0" in that bank account poll, I don't have the equipment to record or even make cooler sounds than my little 15watt amp can produce. The situation isn't as frustrating as I make it sound, but it's still a little annoying.

One of my two classes is today in a few hours, and I decided it would be a great idea to not sleep before it. I'm no Kaguya, so I'm starting to feel the hurt after just 30 hours. Sleep deprivation is a nice segue for one of the questions I wanted to ask of the home security community:

How do you feel about energy drinks?

Do you think they're disgusting? Delicious? Love them? Hate them?
Personally I'm slightly addicted to them. I have no reason to be extremely alert or energetic throughout my days, and I've all but become immune to any energy-gaining effects the drinks might contain. However, I still drink them, and I'm not really sure why. I usually drink at least one per day and it's almost like a treat, rather than just something to quench my thirst. My brother and I scout out the local gas stations and grocery stores for deals on AMP and Monster. I prefer the sweeter flavors of AMP, and he likes Monster, but either of us will just drink what's on sale. I feel kind of bad because I'm pretty much responsible for getting him hooked on them as much as I am, and he's shoveled out his fair share of cash to buy the seductive liquid for the both of us.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

11 comments:

  1. Energy drinks? I drank one a few weeks back and had a bad stomach for hours, so no, I don't like them! I find myself just drinking water most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to drink a lot of energy drinks. Now I rarely do.

    As for your guitar amp, I have a 10 watter and also I can't produce a lot of cool sounds. But honestly I don't care really, since I'm not a pro player. Right now I feel a new, better one won't help me improve because my guitar skills themselves are pretty shitty.

    Then again, I don't know when or how I'll improve to actually use something better. Usually I just keep using something crappy until it breaks. Then when I get something new/better I'll be blown away.

    Meh. Maybe post some of your music, that'd be cool I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @2cat
    Here's one I posted a while ago:
    http://lovely-buster.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-songaroo.html

    I also have a tindeck page with older stuff:
    http://tindeck.com/users/Natsume

    It's all MIDI metal junk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird, I only just stopped playing Minecraft then. I was spelunking deep down in a natural cave, sourounded by creepers, searching for diamonds. Oh, and I'm not that fond of energy drinks, though, I've not tried all that many kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Energy drinks are only good with vodka.
    You will be drunk and energized for the rest of the night.
    Extremely bad for your heart, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Energy drinks are nice, but they cost a lot. You just reminded me of my backlog of anime to watch. I still have last season stuff to finish. I really should try minecraft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like energy drinks. I mostly drink tea, coffee, coke or just water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried an energy drink. I wouldn't mind doing so, I just don't want to have to go outside and buy them so just stick with what's available in the house.

    Loving this music, by the way! I think it's my favourite of the songs you've used so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't handle caffine.. I'll be high as balls for like 2 hours and then I crash and just can't move and must sleep.

    Enjoy crafting mines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once played Minecraft 30 or so hours non-stop. It really can kill time.

    As for energy drinks, I'll say what I said in another person's blog: I can down 3 Rockstars or Monsters in a row and fall asleep directly after. They really don't do anything for me.

    Also, don't drink them on a daily basis. It fucks up your liver.

    Nice music as always.

    ReplyDelete